Friday, September 28, 2012

"Behind Midwest Storefronts" -Lotus

There are moments in life when you hear a song for the first time and it just floors you. Some songs are so powerful and well composed that hearing them in the right moment and place can change your life.

The third night at All Good Music Festival 2012 was a Saturday and Lotus was the late night set, scheduled to play till 2am. We were somewhat tired from the last few days with minimal sleep so we decided to take a spot on the hill and lay back to watch Lotus. They began pretty upbeat with dancier grooves at first so we just kind of watched the crowd, stage, and all the crazy lights in the valley below us. If you have ever been to a music festival at night then you know exactly what I mean when I say that the ground was alive, glowing with light and energy.

As I laid there on the hill that night I began thinking about my life and the people close to me. I found myself just observing everything around me and really appreciating life. While looking up at what was a perfectly clear night with millions of stars blinking overhead, the band calmed down from their high tempo grooves with "Behind Midwest Storefronts." The effect that the song had on that valley and hillside was amazing, because it was truly the perfect song at that specific time. You could see guys holding their girlfriends/ wives and others hypnotised by the music with tears rolling down their faces. The song personally hit me like a wave, making me feel so happy and sad all at once. I will remember it forever because of the profound effect it had on me and my perspective. Thank you Lotus and All Good!

Album Version



No comments:

Post a Comment